EXPENSE REPORTING POLICIES:
- Itemized receipts must be submitted for all fraternity related expenses, regardless of how the expense was paid for (NOTE: this includes use of cash cards).
- Qualified expenses must either be associated with a PRE-APPROVED line item on the budget or have been PRE-APPROVED in advance by your respective advisor. If you need to request advisor approval for an expense, then please click here.
- Expenses must be reported on a monthly basis. The deadline to report monthly expenses is the third day of the following month. For example, expenses that occurred throughout June must be submitted by July 3rd. Expenses reported late will become the financial responsibility of the purchaser unless special arrangements have been made in advance with your advisor.
- Your expenses must be accompanied by pictures of ALL original itemized receipts and/or other documentation substantiating each reported expense.
- In the case of recruitment expenses, PNM name(s) should be associated with each expense report. For example: if you take a PNM to lunch, then you should notate which items were associated with the PNM and which items were yours.
- Alcohol never qualifies for reimbursement under any circumstances.
- Members are expected to make a reasonable effort to limit expenses to economical options.
- Expenses deemed excessive by your advisor will result in the purchaser absorbing the cost.
- Any intention to falsify an expense report will be grounds for a KAI Board referral with alumni recommendation for suspension.
- Questions regarding these policies and procedures should be directed to your respective advisor.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO FRONT THE COST OF AN EXPENSE OR NEED TO REQUEST ADVISOR APPROVAL FOR AN EXPENSE NOT ALREADY PRE-APPROVED, THEN PLEASE CLICK HERE.